Owning a business in this age of digital requires you to have social media pages and to regularly post about your brand, product or service.
It is important to stay active and be aware of the regular new features and updates from every platform.
When posting to each platform, you need to be conscious of the maximum dimension size allowed to post imagery and video, otherwise the content will either take a quality dive or not be able to upload all together.
But what dimensions do you need to be aware of from each social media platform?
With over 1.18 billion members, Facebook remains the largest social network. To reach your desired audience on the website it’s key to consider the quality of your image/video, if it’s poor then it will deter your audience from engaging.
It is also important to remember that content will look slightly different on your timeline then it will to another user.
- Must be at least 180 x 180 pixels.
- Photo thumbnails will appear throughout Facebook at 32 x 32 pixels.
- Photo will appear on the page as 170 x 170 pixels on desktop, 128 x 128 on smartphones, and 36 x 36 on most feature phones.
- Business Page images will be cropped to fit a square.
- Profile banner photos will be 820 x 312
Event banner photos 470 x 174
Fundraiser banner 800 x 300
- Size: 1080 x 1920 px
- Dimensions: 500 x 500 min
The bird app has over 313 million active monthly users and is a popular platform for people to discuss brands and businesses, so making a good impression is key. Twitter has recently made some layout changes.
- Square Image recommended 400 x 400 pixels.
- Maximum file size 5 MB.
- Image types include: JPG, GIF or PNG.
- Recommended 1,500 x 500 pixels.
- Recommended sizes 1:1.
- Minimum width 600 pixels for square video, 640 for other pixels.
The most popular photo sharing app on the planet, Instagram is the best way to showcase visual creativity. Because of it being solely dependent on visual content, it is important to maximise your profile as much as possible.
- The size of Instagram images has been increased to 1080 x 1080 pixels.
- Instagram scales photos down to 612 x 612 pixels.
- Appear in feed at 510 x 510 pixels.
- Square or rectangle photos: make sure to maintain an aspect ratio between 1:1 or 1.91:1.
- For portrait (4:5) photos, recommended dimensions are 1080 x 1350 pixels.
- Aspect ratio: 9:16
- Recommended res: 1080 x 1920
- Minimum res: 600 x 1067
The go-to social media platform for business owners, entrepreneurs and industry professionals. Depending on the type of work you do, having a presence on LinkedIn may or may not be necessary.
But if you do have an existing account or plan on making one, here are the image and video dimensions that will be useful for you to be aware of.
- Profile picture: 300 x 300
- Cover Banner: 1584 x 396
- Company logo: 300 x 300
- Company banner: 1128 x 191
- Recommended size for main image: 1128 x 376
- Recommended size for company photos: 900 x 600
- Image types include: JPNG, JPG or GIF.
If you’re in need of some fresh new content for your pages whether it be photo or video, we’re the full process creative team for you.
Browse our online portfolio here:
Photography work – https://shootbusiness.com/photography-work/
Videography work – https://shootbusiness.com/video-production-work/