[x_section style=”margin: 0px 0px -200px 0px; padding: 45px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” bg_color=”” style=”margin: 0px auto 0px auto; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_column bg_color=”” type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_text]At Shoot Business, we understand the importance of ensuring every pound in a marketing budget goes to good use. While having a diversified approach to marketing is always a solid idea, is it worth your time and money to hire video production services for your company? The use of video has become a crucial and innovative part of digital marketing, but do not take our word for it – let us take a look at the facts, as we examine actual statistics related to video and video marketing.
Video is More Effective Than Text
Syndacast has compiled a series of statistics related to the use of video marketing. These stats uncover the simple truth that video is more effective than text at customer retention, click-through rates, and matching the needs of the user:
- 65% of video viewers watch at least three-quarters of a video.
- 33% of tablet owners watch at least 1 hour of video on their device each day.
- Using the word “video” in email subject lines increases the percentage of recipients who will open the email by 19%, the click-through rate by 65%, and the number of un-subscribers by 26%.
- 69% of smartphone users prefer to watch a video compared to reading text.
UK Businesses are Spending More on Content Marketing
According to a report conducted by the Content Marketing Institute and Axonn Media, the majority of UK businesses are increasing their usage of video as a form of marketing.
- 85% of UK businesses use some form of content marketing.
- 73% of UK businesses plan on using video as part of their content marketing strategy in 2015.
- On average, companies in the UK spend 26% of their marketing budget on content marketing.
- 64% of these businesses plan on increasing their content marketing budget over the next 12 months.
- Nearly 70% of videos created for marketing purposes are displayed on home pages.
- 62% of videos are shared through social media platforms.
- 78% of UK businesses consider video an important part of their overall marketing strategy.
What Does this Mean for You?
More internet users are relying on their smartphones to browse the internet and they prefer to get their content in video form. Businesses are using video on social media to engage with customers and increase their web presence. Visual content is more likely to be retained by online users and can be consumed in a fraction of the time needed to read the same amount of content in text form.
The bottom line is that more businesses are starting to see the potential for using video as part of their digital marketing strategy. If you do not want to get left behind, you should consider adding video to your marketing approach.
Hopefully these numbers, trends, and stats offered some insight into the value of video marketing for a business. If you want to learn more about the benefits, or are ready to get started with your own video, contact us at Shoot Business today. We have an experienced team that is ready to help you with the creation of videos designed to meet your needs and represent your business. Expert video production services are just a few clicks away – send us a message and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
[/x_text][/x_column][/x_row][/x_section][x_section style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 45px 0px 45px 0px; “][x_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” bg_color=”” style=”margin: 0px auto 0px auto; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_column bg_color=”” type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_button size=”large” block=”false” circle=”false” icon_only=”false” href=”https://shootbusiness.com/contact-us/” title=”” target=”” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=””]Find out more about video![/x_button][/x_column][/x_row][/x_section]